Scott Fly Rod - G Series
This medium action rod, hand crafted in Montrose Colorado, is tailor made for spring creeks in the Valley
Rising browns and rainbows on a spring creek can really get your heart rate up. Add the pressure of laying in a delicate cast with a small dry fly and things get technical real quick. At times like these having a rod in your hand, designed to deliver, can make the day one to remember.
What rod do you reach for?
The G Series
Here is how Scott describes the G Series rod:
*These rods advance medium action fly rods with two innovations. We’ve reinvented the hollow internal ferrule to make it more flexible, stronger, and more than 20% lighter. We’ve also combined our cutting edge fiber and resin systems in the most advanced multi-modulus layups we’ve ever created. New multi-slope tapers were designed to take full advantage of the new materials layups.
The results are rods that help solve one of the toughest challenges in medium action fly rod design – how to create a rod that both bends deeply and remains stable. New G Series rods balance lighter in hand, have much more stability through the middle of the rod for better tracking, and generate higher line speeds. They do all this while retaining the classic flex of your favorite medium action rods. We’re bringing together presentation and power, so now you can pull hard on 7X tippet AND fish in the wind. The all new G Series. Like no other.*
If you don't have a smooth casting, medium action rod in your arsenal; it may be time to try one out. You will be rewarded with a rod that moves with you, adjusting to your rhythm and style as you step onto the fishing dance floor and start the show.
If you love the feel and grace of a well cast line, the in your hand feedback as the rod loads, then the G Series rod is just the ticket.
Specs and technical stuff from Scott
Scott G Series fly rods feature breakthrough technology seamlessly integrated with the finest components and workmanship. All this to make sure your fishing is better.
- ReAct technology combines our X-Core design with a new complex material and taper system to create a breakthrough in rod design. Distance, control and compromised by waves that vibrate in the rod, even after the cast has been made. Simply making the rod stiffer to stop these vibrations kills feel. ReAct counteracts energy sapping vibrations by speeding the recovery of the blank without the need to stiffen the rod with more material.
- Advanced Reinforced Carbon for reducing torque and increasing strength. Scott is the leader in carbon blank reinforcements. Our latest ARC technology adds hoop strength to our blanks without adding weight, and counteracts torque that can reduce casting accuracy and line control. ARC helps us create low-mass thin-walled blank designs by providing the most advanced reinforcement. And that’s just good ol’ science meets engineering meets design.
- X-Core delivers blanks that transmit feel and maintain stability better than any other design approach. We use fast taper mandrels with low-mass thin-walled blanks to create rods that have feel, stability and sensitivity.
- Scott pioneered multi-modulus lay-ups in blank design. We’re able to precisely control stiffness along the length of the rod to build rods that load and unload more smoothly.
- Every single Scott rod has been handcrafted in the USA... beginning to end. That’s very important to us. We like to get our hands dirty, and we can control exactly how your rod is built and who builds it. That commitment continues today, in the heart of Trout Country, Colorado by anglers who understand fly rods. Isn’t it better to know who built your rod?
- Creating a natural finish blank requires exacting tolerances, more care, and shows off the beauty of graphite. The Scott natural finish is all about making your rod lighter, more durable and better performing.
- X-core deliver blanks that transmit feel and maintain stability better than any other design approach. We use fast taper mandrels with low-mass, thin-walled blanks to create rods that have feel, stability and sensitivity.
The Scott G series is available for line weights 2 through 6. Order one on our online store CLICK HERE.
- Tags: Product Review
- Tom Sadler