Take A Peek Inside!
Here we go! We are now in and operating at the Mossy Creek headquarters! We appreciate everyones patience with us during this major transition period. Nothing seems to ever go as planned when it comes to purchasing and building property. The new location was closed on over a year ago in March of 2016. We had plans of rezoning and then building through the winter months to be operational for the spring season. That was obvious wishful thinking as ground was not broken until late January of this year. This posed an obvious challenge as we knew we would be building and transitioning through our busiest season. We will spare everyone the details of what went on behind the scenes but we do want to thank our staff, guide crew, family, friends, and our industry partners for bringing this together. Stop by and check out the new digs at 480 East Market Street.
Here are a few things to keep an eye out for moving forward:
- Who is ready for a fly fishing garage sale? There are a lot of items- fishing signs, banners, stickers, product, gear, ect that will NOT be moving into our new location. We will be setting up our largest clearance sale seen in 14 years of business very soon.
- Expanded inventory- Rods, reels, packs, bags, luggage, accessories, apparel, waders, boots, fly tying, and fly categories are all taking on a major change as our dedicated retail footprint is about to more than double!
- A Grand Reopening Party will be announced in a few weeks after adjusting to our new environment.
- Fly Tying Classes are going to be scheduled year round and will be better than ever.
- Fly Fishing Schools and Classes will be overhauled with a more robust curriculum and with specialized topics.
- A new website and e-commerce platform is in the works! A new headquarters requires us to update all aspects of the business.
- Fishing reports and communications will begin flowing at a constant pace again as our schedules normalize.
Our old location was on East Market Street EAST of I-81. We are now located on East Market Street WEST of I-81. Take 33 West Exits off I-81 and travel just over 1 mile towards downtown Harrisonburg. The shop is on the north(right side) of 33 East Market Street. Parking is available behind the fly shop, overflow parking will be on E. Elizabeth behind the shop or adjacent to the shop on Sterling.